Unfortunately, I’d have to give Kenny and I a D-minus for this first week on our spending freeze. Let’s recap, shall we?
Here’s what we did well:
- We didn’t buy groceries (any) yet, but I plan to get some essentials tomorrow.
- We’re cleaning out the pantry and made a very organized list on post-its of what we have in the fridge/freezer/pantry. Thrilling stuff!
- We made cookies using ingredients we already had for a Superbowl party we attended instead of purchasing ingredients.
- We continued to list/sell lots of things on Craigslist. See the updated list here and make me an offer!
Here’s where we fell off the bandwagon a bit:
- Both Kenny and I ate out at lunches once this week. But we have great excuses–Kenny grabbed Jimmy John’s because he was in depositions all day and needed something fast, and I went out to celebrate a coworker’s last day at work.
- Kenny grabbed drinks from Meijer once last week to bring to a guy’s night. Again, can’t really fault him.
- I had to pay Etsy fees of $3 because I keep listing things.
- We had to purchase tax software. BOO. $44.95.
Total damage for week 1: $68.77 with a grade of D-minus. We’ll do better next week–no more tax software or work lunch purchases on the horizon!